Re: COVID-19 information update for tenants
- All rent increases that are due to take effect during the crisis will be deferred until the State of Emergency has been deemed to be over. At which point the increase will then take effect.
- For April 1 rent payment we will be waiving late fee penalties.
- No non-essential visits will be made to your home. Regularly scheduled inspections are cancelled until further notice.
- Only Emergency maintenance will be performed inside your home.
We would like to re-enforce to you that we are here to help during this difficult time. Should you need to make payment arrangements, we are available by phone at 250.286.0110. Or please email us at email@example.com We have temporarily closed our office to public access. This is to protect our staff, the owners and tenants during this time. We are still available though and are taking calls. During the week of March 30 to April 3, we will be at the office for assistance and to accept rent payments from 10:00 until 2:00 daily. Please forgive us for not allowing access inside, but we are happy to help at the front counter. We will be accepting Debit and Cash rent payments during that time and still can be assistance setting up electronic payments. All receipts will be emailed.
The federal government has just released more information regarding federal financial help for Canadians who have lost income due to COVID-19.
The new CERB, which replaces the two benefits announced last week (the Federal Emergency Care Benefit and the Federal Emergency Support Benefit) will provide $2,000 per month for four months for the following people:
- Canadians who have lost their job
- Canadians who are sick with COVID-19, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19
- Canadians who are quarantined
- Working parents who must stay at home without pay to care for sick children, sick elderly people, or children who are at home due to school closures
- Canadians who have a job, but are not receiving income because of disruptions to their work
- Self-employed individuals who are otherwise not eligible for EI
For more information on the CERB, please click here.
BC Emergency Benefit for Workers The BC government has released information regarding the BC Emergency Benefit for Workers which is one-time payment of $1,000 to people who lost income because of COVID-19. BC residents are eligible if they are in receipt of:
- Federal Employment Insurance; or
- New Federal Emergency Care Benefit (replaced with the Canada Emergency Response Benefit - see above); or
- New Federal Emergency Support Benefit (replaced with the Canada Emergency Response Benefit - see above)
For more information on the BC Emergency Benefit for Workers, please click here.
Parallel 50 Realty and Property Management Inc.
Office HoursDue to COVID-19 our office is closed to the public until further notice. All non-essential staff are home and we are available by appointment. All Payments can be made online and by calling the office.
Phone: 250-286-0110 Fax: 1-250-914-0110 Toll Free: 1-888-986-0110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org